Honey Lemon Ginger Cough Drops
1/2 cup freshly washed ginger root, chopped
- 1 lemon chopped
- 1 stick cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 package powdered sugar
- To a heavy bottom sauce pan, add the chopped ginger, chopped lemon, cinnamon stick and salt to the 3 cups of cold water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Reduce the water volume to about 1/3 of a cup and strain the solids from the liquid.
- Return the liquid to the stove and add the honey. Bring the mixture to a boil and clip your candy thermometer on the side of the pan. Continue boiling until the temperature reaches 250 degree’s. You may gently stir the mixture to prevent burning.
- While the candy is cooking, pour the powdered sugar into a 9×13 cake pan. Using the back of a spoon or any form shop you want, create the desired shapes for the cough drops.
- Once the cough drop mixtures has reached 260 degree’s. Remove it from the stove and CAREFULLY pour it into your prepared molds. Allow the cough drops to cool completely, toss in the powdered sugar to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy your homemade cough drops!